Titanium is notoriously difficult to do well – prone to cracking, difficult to ‘work’ and generally offering a ‘soft’ ride.
The Legend experience confounds this mainstream experience – exceptional durability, ride performance and aesthetics. You need only try one yourself or speak to a Legend owner for verification.
The secret is that Legend have one of the best equipped artisan workshops in existence – the quality of the tools, raw materials used, manufacturing procedures and skill of the labour make these frames distinctive.
Meticulous construction and attention to detail – here is a snapshot of the process.
- Their frame jig can replicate the bike fitting design that we send to them. A client can expect a frame spot on to the bike fitting that we have identified as suitable for the optimum ride position.
- Legend use high grade, exclusive titanium tubing which is harder to ‘work’ but offers enhanced characteristics. The extra lengths to source and work with this type of tubing is a distinguishing feature.
- The manual process of sizing tubes and creating the basic frame structure begins. The tubes have to be accurately cut and cleaned for a close fitting assembly to eliminate weaknesses which will impair ride performance.
- Marco Bertoletti (owner and creator of Legend) performs the welding – clean and quick using Titanium solder for this frame
- Legend has a chamber for welding frames to ensure there are no dirt particles infiltrating the weld which can potentially weaken the join and detract from final performance.
- Polishing and finishing takes 2 days to give that distinctive finish you have seen on frames I have posted.
All frames are made on site in Italy. Truly masterpieces.